Spotlight Talks are channelled offerings of cosmic insight, ancestral wisdom & storytelling technology.
You might say they are the witches version of a class lecture + ted talk. They come as either written pieces, videos, or audio offerings. Check out below for what’s current and upcoming.
Current Spotlight Talks
There are some losses that are just impossible – impossible to prepare for, impossible to experience, and impossible to survive. Yet here you are, experiencing it, surviving it, continuing to live. What do you do with this kind of grief? Are there support systems? Is there an antidote? Yes, I believe there is. I get into all of it in this talk.
What are your reoccurring nightmares (day dreams or sleep dreams) telling you about something you are meant to create that has never been done before? In this talk I share one of my repeating dreams where I keep failing out of high school, and take you through how I interpret the symbols and storylines. I also go on a rant about dismantling out dated, oppressive cultures of teaching and learning, and what it means to build a new paradigm storytelling school.
In this talk, we discuss the wounded binary, impossible binary and sacred binary:
- what are wounded/impossible binaries and how do they block us when we build? (whether we are building relationships, a body of work, a practise, a life, or a world)
- the wounded binary as it relates to gender identity and expression
- the astrological significance of the planet MARS (self, sovereignty) in empowered partnerships
- understanding binaries in storytelling craft, narrative theory and the creative process
- journal prompts to work through blocks you may be facing in your own journey of building and creating
Plus, I’ll spill the tea on what happened when I sat at my altar and had a conversation with the spirit of my future creative/life partner!
PLUS, PLUS++ Buffy fans will recognize the title of this talk is the title of an iconic episode of Buffy. I examine the overarching thesis and character/story arc of Buffy the Vampire Slayer to illustrate the principle of binaries in storytelling. SPOILERS BEWARE!
in this talk:
- exploring your unique, personal intuitive style of communicating with your ancestors and the spirit world
- what kind of “claire” are you? (clairvoyant, clairaudient, clairsentient?)
- a discussion on ancestral communication and the spirit of sovereignty, accessibility, interdependence and abundance
- what do ancestral communication and comedy writing have in common?
in this talk:
- 2022 Numerology Report (the year of the life partner)
- Reflections on last year’s Saturn/Uranus square
- Insight for writers/creators who have trouble finishing their projects
- Weaving energetic medicine into storytelling
Choosing Excellence Not Perfection:
building queer, decolonizing art practices
Building Timelessness & Consent
into your creative practise
or sacred entrepreneurship
Grief and Parenting:
giving your child the gift of freedom
Anticipating Grief & Anticipating the Stage:
how performance technology helps us prepare for a loss
Perspectives on Chiron, the Wounded Healer:
healing the grief of injustice